Bird & Bat Conservation Strategies
WEST has extensive experience working with avian and bat species protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, the Endangered Species Act as well as state listed and sensitive species.
WEST has written and participated in the development of Bird and Bat Conservation Strategies (formerly known as Avian and Bat Protection Plans) and Eagle Conservation Plans for wind projects and Biological Assessments for a variety of projects across various markets such as highway construction, wind energy facilities, gravel mines, and reservoirs.
Bird and Bat Conservation Strategies Expertise:
- Estimating Impacts and Take of Listed Species
- Assessing the Impacts of the Taking
- Conservation Planning and Minimization and Mitigation Measures
- Compliance Monitoring and Effectiveness Monitoring Plans
- Development of Adaptive Management Processes