Big Game Research & Management
The management and conservation of big game populations is a top priority for agencies, industry and the public. WEST combines statistics and ecology to provide quantitative data and scientifically credible information, so clients can address key challenges associated with big game management and conservation and ensure the best outcomes.
WEST’s staff are experts in the design and conduct of big game studies and monitoring plans. Our biologists employ modern equipment, field techniques, and study approaches, including capture-recapture, distance sampling, telemetry, and aerial surveying, for all types of biological populations. Our biometricians utilize the most current statistical methods and have extensive experience designing studies and analyzing data for a wide variety of wildlife issues.
WEST Big Game Expertise Includes:
- Aerial Surveys
- Estimation of Population Characteristics(abundance, density, survival, mortality, and reproduction)
- GPS and VHF Telemetry Studies
- Identification of Movement and Migratory Patterns
- Impact and Risk Assessment
- Management and Conservation Plans
- Population and Habitat Modeling
- Remote Sensing Surveys
- Resource Selection Analyses