U.S. Forest Service
WEST brings together an experienced team of ecologists and biometricians who have worked on a range of projects for the U.S. Forest Service and on issues pertinent to the forest industry. We have designed and conducted a wide variety of field surveys for forest dwelling/dependent species, and have efficiently analyzed and interpreted the data associated with such surveys.
Our staff members are trained by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in Section 7 consultation and habitat conservation planning. They have an extensive working knowledge of listed and sensitive forest species and the techniques and equipment required to study rare and uncommon wildlife and plants. WEST’s biologists are supported by our expert Geographic Information Systems staff in the design and analysis of projects that incorporate large sets of spatial data.
- Big Game Research and Monitoring
- Wildlife and Vegetation Surveys
- Species-Specific Surveys
- Threatened and Endangered Species
- National Environmental Policy Act
- Wetland Delineation, Permitting, and Mitigation
- Geographic Information Systems Support
- Habitat Conservation Plans
- Bird and Bat Conservation Plans
- Eagle Conservation Plans
- Mitigation/Compliance/Construction Monitoring
- General and Advanced Statistical Analysis