Threatened & Endangered Species
WEST has been working with threatened and endangered species and compliance with the Endangered Species Act (ESA) since 1994. Our highly skilled professionals know the species, habitats, laws and agencies involved across the US.
Our combination of expert ecologists and statisticians provide our clients with a common sense, defensible and professional approach to the solution of natural resource challenges.
WEST has experience and expertise in assisting clients in navigating regulatory processes such as federal and state ESA consultations and permitting. Our extensive background and strong working relationships with the US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) provide WEST with the necessary foundation to develop and promote appropriate study designs and analyses.
We have successfully worked with all stakeholders, including industry, state and federal agencies, permitting agencies and environmental groups to develop solutions that address both time and cost needs of our clients. Our team helps clients develop sound strategies that effectively address issues related to threatened, endangered, and sensitive species.
Endangered Species Services
- Avoidance, Minimization and Mitigation Strategies
- Candidate Conservation Agreements
- Compliance Monitoring and Effectiveness Monitoring Plans
- Conservation Planning/Minimization and Mitigation Measures
- ESA Section 7 Compliance
- ESA Section 10 Habitat Conservation Planning
- NEPA Studies
- Siting Assessments and Construction Monitoring
- Species Specific Studies, Surveys and Clearances