Wildlife Research & Management
Wildlife conservation is often a top priority for agencies, industry, and the public. WEST has conducted countless wildlife surveys, inventories, and impact assessments across North America for a variety of clients, including private industry, agencies, and non-governmental organizations.
WEST uses a combined statistical and ecological approach to wildlife research and management, providing clients with scientifically credible results that are objective and concise. Our expert ecologists can develop survey protocols and assemble field crews of all sizes to meet schedule and survey effort needs for a wide range of projects while employing the very latest techniques, field equipment, and study methodologies. Our biometricians employ the most current statistical methods and have extensive experience designing studies and analyzing data for a variety of wildlife issues.
WEST Expertise Includes:
- Aerial Surveys
- Big Game, Avian, Bat and Other Wildlife Studies
- Estimation of Population Characteristics (abundance, density, survival, mortality, and reproduction)
- GPS and VHF Telemetry Studies
- Identification of Movement and Migratory Patterns
- Impact and Risk Assessment
- Management and Conservation Plans
- Population and Habitat Modeling
- Remote Sensing Surveys
- Resource Selection Analyses