Big Game Research & Management
The management and conservation of big game populations is a top priority for agencies, industry and the public. WEST experts combine statistics and ecology to provide clients with quantitative and scientifically credible information to address key challenges associated with big game management and conservation.
WEST has extensive expertise in the design and conduct of a wide range of big game studies and monitoring plans. Additionally, we employ the very latest capture techniques, field equipment and study methodologies. Our biometricians have extensive experience designing studies and analyzing data for a variety of wildlife issues and utilize the most current statistical methods. This expertise includes the use of capture recapture, distance sampling and aerial survey methods for all types of biological populations.
WEST Expertise Includes:
- Aerial Surveys
- Estimation of Population Characteristics(abundance, density, survival, mortality, and reproduction)
- GPS and VHF Telemetry Studies
- Identification of Movement and Migratory Patterns
- Impact and Risk Assessment
- Management and Conservation Plans
- Population and Habitat Modeling
- Remote Sensing Surveys
- Resource Selection Analyses