Habitat Conservation Plans
WEST is an industry leader in the field of Section 10 Endangered Species Act (ESA) consultations for a variety of clients including wind energy projects, oil and gas facilities, highway construction, gravel mines and reservoirs. We have developed Habitat Conservation Plans (HCPs) for many species across the US Fish and Wildlife (USFWS) Regions. Our extensive experience has allowed WEST to develop a collaborative and streamlined process for working with applicants, the USFWS, and other stakeholders to develop credible and defensible HCPs.
WEST’s experience with threatened and endangered species risk evaluation and conservation planning along with agency consultation allows us to develop scientifically- based HCPs. With offices across the US, WEST is well suited to provide local expertise and address specific project needs.
Habitat Conservation Plan Expertise:
- Assessing the Impacts of Take
- Changed and Unforeseen Circumstances
- Compliance Monitoring and Effectiveness Monitoring Plans
- Conservation Planning and Minimization and Mitigation Measures
- Development of Adaptive Management Processes
- Estimating Impacts and Take of Listed Species